Saturday, May 19, 2018

In Good Health

June is nearly here, and I couldn't be more excited for summer to start. Of course, we first have Bay2Breakers tomorrow in San Francisco. This year, I shall try to chase the fastest Kenyans while enjoying the costumes, and the nudist colony throughout the race. With the start of summer right around the corner also means rowing regatta season is here. This year marks the golden anniversary for my Ridley College–Canadian and American championship lightweight men's eight. As such, I shall be traveling to the CSSRA regatta in two weeks for champagne with my superstar coach, and to catch up with my crew. I shall also be reuniting with my Ridley roommate, Douglas Martin, who stroked the Princeton Varsity heavyweight eight to win the Ivy Rowing Championship in his first year (while rowing for Mike Teti–now the USA national team coach). Although Doug and I speak on a regular basis, there's nothing like getting together at the boat races. Looking forward to getting in a Ridley shell with my old crew mates. I am told there is a fast Ridley boat similar to ours that may win this year. Can't wait boys, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment